PROBATE & ESTATES
Hello, my name is John Pridmore and I am a legal advisor who specialises in dealing with probate and estate administration. At Seatons, we offer a sympathetic and tailored service in line with your requirements. We offer a fast, efficient service with exceptional value for money.
PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
When somebody dies it is important to make sure that the Estate is administered in an efficient and sympathetic manner. Some matters to consider are:
1. Will – if the deceased has made a will that obviously will give instructions as to how the deceased would like the Estate to be distributed. If there is no will then the Estate will be distributed in accordance with the law; known as the Intestacy Rules.
2. Assets and Liabilities – it is necessary to gather together details and information about the deceased’s assets and liabilities. If the net value of the deceased’s estate is under £5,000 then it can often be collected in and distributed without the need to get Court approval.
3. Grant of Representation – if however, the value of the deceased’s assets is in excess of £5,000 then it is essential to get Court approval in the form of obtaining a Grant of Probate, if there is a Will, or a Grant of Letters of Administration, if there is no Will. The Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration is the legal authority given by the Courts to enable the Estate to be gathered in and distributed.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
We can help you in the following ways:
- Obtain probate
- Advise you on the procedure of obtaining probate
- Insolvent estates
- Making a claim against an estate
- How to apply for probate
- Changing the distribution of an estate.
This is where you contact us and explain what your legal problem is and we will take instructions and then identify what documents are suitable for your needs and we will then prepare the legal documents that you require. The benefits of this service are that you can receive personalised and accurate legal documents that you want and that suit your needs, both quickly and with no inconvenience or hassle to you.
All you need to do is simply pick up the phone and give us a call on 01536 276300 or use our online enquiry form and we will discuss your requirements and take details of what you want and then draft an appropriate document for you.
We provide our clients with a quality legal service. We will help and support you and will deal with your legal problems efficiently and effectively. We act for clients across England and Wales. We are based in Corby and Kettering in Northamptonshire. We act for local clients in Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Northampton, Rothwell, Irthlingborough, Finedon, Thrapston, Desborough, and everywhere else in Northamptonshire and also act for many clients in Leicestershire particularly Market Harborough, and Leicester.
We can act on your behalf in taking legal action and provide the best service to our clients. Please telephone us or use our online enquiry form to receive a fast and efficient client service. We guarantee expert advice and assistance. We can help by making an assessment of your personal issues. You can contact us for a no obligation consultation with a specialist solicitor to discuss your case.