We currently have 1 vacancy.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER/DIRECTOR – PART TIME
The firm is looking to recruit a qualified financial controller/Director to assist the management of the firm in the next phase of its development.
The position would suit someone who is looking for a part time position
The person appointed will form part of the Management team of this medium sized firm of successful solicitors, based in Corby and Kettering.
Ideally ACA or ACCA, although a highly experienced AAT could also be considered.
Ideally the candidate will have experience of working in the Professional Services sector, although this is not essential, but general experience of the financial management of small to medium firms is required.
A contribution towards the strategic thinking of the firm would be desirable
Knowledge of the SAR would be useful, although not essential
The position is available on a part time basis, It is estimated that at least initially, this will be about half time, but the firm will be flexible on this.
The salary will be based on a full time equivalent of £40k pa
The appointee will work as a member of the Management team, reporting to the Managing Director.
Attendence at weekly Management meetings will be required.
- Assisting the Management Team with the strategic direction and moving the firm forward
- Reviewing the monthly performance of the firm including turnover, income, expenditure and profitability of the firm and identifying and monitoring improvement actions that can be taken.
- Preparation and commentary on the monthly management accounts
- Preparation of Annual Revenue and Capital Budgets
- Preparation of Year End Accounts
- Preparation and monitoring of Cash Flow Forecasts
General Financial Management
- Meetings with Fee earners to discuss their monthly performance and identifying and monitoring improvement actions that can be taken.
- Assistance with Insurance renewals as required
- Assistance with the design and implementation of bonus and incentive schemes and the calculation of amounts due.
- Monitoring of purchase contracts to ensure cost effective expenditure
- Pension schemes control
- Contribution to Lexcel requirements on an ongoing basis ( the Law Society’s legal standard )
- Assisting with the financial side of Company reporting requirements, eg reports and submissions to Companies House and other bodies.
- Liaison with auditors
- Any other tasks set by the Management Committee
Supervison of Legal Cashier Team
The appointee will supervise the team of three legal cashiers, and have or acquire a knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts rules, and ensure that these are applied correctly throughout the firm.
Seatons Solicitors are a small high street practice with two offices in Corby and Kettering with 55 staff and a turnover in excess of two million. Seatons are ambitious and proactive and have doubled in size over the past five years and are looking to continue this growth and expansion. Seatons are known as “the friendly professionals”.
If you are interested then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and any other relevant details.