We currently have 1 vacancy.
COMPANY COMMERCIAL SOLICITOR
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Salary: Circa £40,000-£50,000 DOE
Qualifications: 2-5 yrs PQE/4-6 yrs PQE
A well-established Northamptonshire practice. The firm is a limited company ABS which thrives on providing the best possible service to its clients. We rely heavily on recommendation and repeat business.
An experienced Company Commercial Solicitor is required to join our firm in our Kettering office. The ideal candidate will be taking over an existing caseload of matters within a small team. You will be expected to provide a high quality service to a varied client base of business owners on a variety of company commercial matters including but not limited to shareholder agreements, mergers, business start-ups and business sales and purchases – predominantly the role would be dealing with commercial conveyancing but we would expect you to work on a variety of matters and build a range of specialisation to suit your personal skills and attributes.
We would expect you to have the ability to meet exacting deadlines and work under considerable pressure. You will need to have a very positive attitude to building the department and capitalise on your own background, building your reputation and the reputation of the firm further. Therefore, relishing a challenge and being able to represent our clients well and to be calm, assured and positive are key qualities we are looking for.
Typical work activities
We have an existing client base but would expect you to set up and encourage new business to the firm and be able to undertake business development in order to enhance the profile of the firm/department.
Work activities vary according to the type of case and specialist area but typically would involve:
- conducting initial client interviews to assess the firm’s ability to help with the matter at hand, based on the firm’s specialism and the likely cost;
- advising clients on the law and how it may affect their case;
- drafting documents and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
- researching documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- supervising the implementation of agreements;
- coordinating the work of all parties involved;
- acting on behalf of clients in disputes and representing them in court, if necessary;
- supervising more junior members of the team;
- checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
- arranging and attending further client meetings where necessary to progress with the case and finalise documentation;
- instructing specialist advocates to appear in court for the client in complex disputes;
- keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
- completing regular training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
Please send CV’s and covering letter to: email@example.com