Hello, my name is Maureen Brown, I am a family law solicitor based in Kettering, who specialises in dealing with legal issues arising from relationship breakdowns.
I aim to provide a sympathetic personal tailored advice to your individual circumstances. I care and will work hard to protect and look after your best interests.
If you would like an initial, free no obligation chat over the telephone we can arrange for one of our solicitors to be available at a time to suit you. Please contact us on 01536 276314 to arrange this.
Parental responsibility is a legal concept which describes all the rights and responsibilities that a parent has with regard to a child. This includes the right to remove a child permanently from the Country or changing their surname. A mother will always have parental responsibility automatically as will a father married to the mother.
An unmarried father will not have parental responsibility automatically if:
1. The child was born before 1st December 2003
2. The child was born after 1st December 2003 and he is not named as the father on the child’s birth certificate.
Similarly a person will not automatically have parental responsibility if:
1. They marry a person who already has a child ie. they are a step parent
2. They enter into a Civil Partnership and their partner already has a child or gives birth to a child.
In these circumstances it is possible to enter into a Parental Responsibility Agreement.
Our Fixed Fee Parent Responsibility Agreement
Our fixed fee Parental Responsibility Agreements include:
- A half hour consultation to explain the concept of Parental responsibility and advise on any issues that you should consider
- Drafting the Agreement
- Arranging for you and the other party to correctly execute the Agreement
- Lodging the Agreement with the Family Division of the High Court
- Arranging to send sealed copies of the Agreement to you and the other party.
By paying a fixed fee you can be satisfied that there are no unexpected costs.
A fixed fee Parental Responsibility Agreement is only appropriate where the issues are straight forward and the other party is agreeable to the making of an agreement. If this is not the case you will need to apply to the court for an order.
If you would like to discuss your case in detail before submitting an enquiry for a fixed fee Parental responsibility Agreement or for more information on Parental Responsibility Agreements, book a free telephone consultation with one of our experienced family solicitors.
How Much Does A Parental Responsibility Agreement Cost?
For a breakdown of our fees and associated costs please see our family law matters fees and costs page.
Latest Parental Responsibility Agreement Video
Family Law Specialists
Hello, I am Sarah Chan and I am the Head of Seatons Solicitors Family Law Department in Corby, Northamptonshire.
We aim to provide our clients with an outstanding legal service. We will help and support you and most importantly we work hard for you.
Please contact us at either our Corby office on 01536 276300 or our Kettering office on 01536 311690 or contact us online