We at Seatons are legal specialists, and offer a fast & friendly legal service with low sensible fees that provide exceptional value for money.
Although we are based in Northamptonshire, distance is not a problem!
We act for clients across England & Wales. So, whether you live just up the road, or a few hundred miles away then we can still help.
We are known as the friendly professionals and aim to provide you with an outstanding legal service.
We care about you and will work hard for your best interests to help resolve your legal problem quickly and easily.
Unlike a lot of other legal service providers, we are a genuine firm of solicitors and are fully insured and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We hope you find our website is both helpful and informative and gives you the answers to your legal questions.
We also offer free legal guides that you can download.
The Three Step Process For A Section 21 Eviction
STEP 1 – Serving Notice on your Tenant
- 2 months notice must be given to the Tenant
This can be done from month 4 of a 6 month fixed term tenancy or month 10 of a 12 month fixed term tenancy giving the Tenant notice that you require possession of the property on expiry of the Tenancy Agreement.
- The Notice served must be in prescribed form otherwise the Court will dismiss the claim and a fresh Notice will need to be served
- If the Tenant does not leave the property by the date stated in the Notice we will move on to Step 2
STEP 2 – Order for Possession
- Applies if the Tenant has not vacated the property by the date in the s.21 Notice
- You will need to provide us with:
A copy of the Tenancy Agreement
The Tenancy Deposit Certificate
Schedule of Arrears
A copy of the s.21 Notice if you have done this yourself
- We will submit the Claim Form to the Court with the required fee
- A hearing is not usually required
- When the Order for Possession is granted, notice will be served on the Tenant stating the date by which they must vacate the property
- If the Tenant does not leave on or before the date ordered by the Court Step 3 will be required
STEP 3 – Appointment of Bailiffs
- If the Tenant fails to vacate the property on the date ordered, we will apply for a Warrant of Possession through the Court and instruct Bailiffs
- Bailiffs will attend the property to gain entry and evict the Tenants
- We will advise you of the date and either you or your agent will need to be present with a locksmith to secure the property after the Bailiffs have completed the eviction
Specialist Landlord Services
My name is Carol O’ Leary. I am a lawyer who specialises in legal services for landlords. We aim to provide our clients with an outstanding legal service.
We will help and support you and most importantly we work hard for you.
Please contact us for a free, no obligation chat at either our Corby office on 01536 276300 or our Kettering office on 01536 311690 or contact us online.