Summary of Matters for Residential Care Fees
Specialist legal advice is essential if you are planning on taking any action
because each situation is different and what works for one individual
may not be the right solution for another.
Please call us for a free no obligation chat on 0800 3 10 11 12
We at Seatons are legal specialists and offer a fast and friendly legal service with low sensible fees that provide exceptional value for money.
Although we are based in Northamptonshire, DISTANCE IS NOT A PROBLEM. We act for clients and help with their residential care fees protection across England and Wales.
So, whether you live just up the road, or a few hundred miles away then we can still help.
We are known as the friendly professionals and aim to provide you with an outstanding legal service.
We care about you and will work hard for your best interests to help resolve your legal problem quickly and easily.
Unlike a lot of other legal service providers, we are a genuine firm of solicitors and are fully insured and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We hope you find our website is helpful and informative and gives you the answers to your legal questions.
We also offer free legal guides that you can download.
This page summarises the various matters referred to in the web pages relating to residential care protection that you might want to consider.
- Doing nothing – after all, you hopefully will never go into care..!
- Avoid going into a Residential Care Home – eg staying with your family
- Pay up care fees in full if enter Residential Care Home
- Choosing the right care home for you
NHS And Local Authority
- Considering free NHS care
- Claiming any nursing and social care contributions
Income and State Benefits
- Maximising your income
- Claiming your full welfare benefits entitlement
Capital, Savings and Investments
- Reducing your capital and savings to below £14,250
- Considering Insurance policies and home income plans
- Re-investing a proportion of savings and assets into investment bonds
- Consulting an Independent Financial Advise
- Identifying Fully exempt assets
- Being aware of the Personal possessions exemption
- Being aware of the Business assets exemption
Giving Away Assets
- Not deliberately depriving yourself of assets
- Disposing of assets in the right way
- Making small gifts
- Inheritance Tax planning and gifts
- Being aware of the Initial and Temporary Stay in Residential Care
- Being aware of the Property exemptions
- Considering renting out your home
- Considering Deferred payment agreements
- Considering Equity release schemes
Legal Solutions to Protect Your Assets
- Seeking legal advice from a specialist solicitor
- Making a Will to include a Will Trust
- Making a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Considering setting up Discretionary Trusts
- Considering Interest in Possession Trusts
- Considering Personal family loans and legal charges
- Being aware of Proprietory Estoppel
- Property Trusts
- Reasons for Setting up a Trust
- Trusts Information
- Administrative Matters
Please Contact Us
Specialist legal advice is essential if you are planning on taking any action, because each situation is different and what works for one individual may not be the right solution for another. We provide professional, friendly help and advice – and we want to see you get the help you need without compromising on your personal wishes and without taking away what you hoped to pass on to your family. Please feel free to contact us for a free initial no obligation telephone chat to discuss further what your options are and how we can help you.
Residential Care Fees Protection Specialists
I’m Adrian Chambers and specialise in Residential Care Fees Protection matters. We aim to provide our clients with an outstanding legal service.
We will help and support you and most importantly we work hard for you.
Please contact us for a free, no obligation chat on 01536 276300 or contact us online.